If the car is equipped with a Bluetooth system which was previously paired to the phone, it could try to connect every time one enters the car. This may result in a connection loss to the hearing aids since the phone can only have one connection at a time.
The exact behavior depends on the version and configuration of the car's Bluetooth system. To prevent unwanted switching, consider removing the car's Bluetooth system from the list of paired devices via the phone's configuration screen.
To pair your iPhone to your Unitron Bluetooth hearing aids to make phone calls, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth On.
4. Open the battery door of your hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors to turn them back on.
5. After several seconds, the name of your hearing aids will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
6. You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Click “Pair” or “Ok” (depending on your Android smartphone
7. A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
Your iPhone is now connected to your hearing aids.