The Bluetooth hearing aids use the newest 2.4 GHz Bluetooth wireless protocol. Older models of hearing aids, although called 'wireless', use a 10.6 MHz digitally coded inductive link. There is no compatibility between the different devices.
Note: It is NOT possible to upgrade older hearing aids to support 2.4 GHz Bluetooth technology.
Currently, the Unitron hearing aids that support the newest 2.4 GHz Bluetooth wireless protocol are:
In this section, these hearing aids will be referenced as Bluetooth hearing aids or simply hearing aids.
To pair your iPhone to your Unitron Bluetooth hearing aids to make phone calls, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth On.
4. Open the battery door of your hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors to turn them back on.
5. After several seconds, the name of your hearing aids will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
6. You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Click “Pair” or “Ok” (depending on your Android smartphone
7. A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
Your iPhone is now connected to your hearing aids.