To ensure incoming calls are routed to the hearing aids, answer the call using the push button of the hearing aids.
If still cannot hear the caller on the phone, increase the volume of the call using the volume buttons on the phone.
For outgoing calls, initiate the call normally from the phone. Depending on the iPhone configuration, the call will be routed to the hearing aids automatically.
If the call isn’t automatically routed to the iPhone, this can be rectified by following these steps :
1. From the call screen, select the Audio button
2. A menu will pop-up showing all routing options
3. Select NAME OF HEARING AID
4. You will now hear the caller in your hearing aids
If the buttons of your hearing aid are configured as volume buttons, they can be used to adjust the balance of the call volume and of the surrounding environment.
Lastly, if the above steps do not work, delete the pairing from the phone, reboot the phone and the hearing aids, and then pair them again to the phone.
To pair your iPhone to your Unitron Bluetooth hearing aids to make phone calls, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth On.
4. Open the battery door of your hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors to turn them back on.
5. After several seconds, the name of your hearing aids will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
6. You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Click “Pair” or “Ok” (depending on your Android smartphone
7. A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
Your iPhone is now connected to your hearing aids.