Bluetooth wireless hearing aids use different kinds of wireless technology to connect to different devices. For connecting to a mobile phone, the hearing aid uses Bluetooth Classic which allows for streaming telephone audio to only one ear (Hands Free Profile HFP). The TV Connector uses AirStream™ technology, allowing streaming to two hearing aids simultaneously.
To pair your iPhone to your Unitron Bluetooth hearing aids to make phone calls, follow these steps:
1. Go to your iPhone home screen and tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. In the settings menu, tap on the “Bluetooth” icon.
3. Tap on the slider button next to Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth On.
4. Open the battery door of your hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close the battery doors to turn them back on.
5. After several seconds, the name of your hearing aids will appear on the iPhone screen. Tap on it to select.
6. You will now see a message, “Bluetooth Pairing Request” Click “Pair” or “Ok” (depending on your Android smartphone
7. A connection beep will be heard in the paired hearing aid.
Your iPhone is now connected to your hearing aids.